DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING : Introduction
Established in 1994
Aim of the department is conceptual clarity about accountancy and cost accountancy.
Accountancy and Cost Accountancy form basic framework of business, aim of the department is conceptual clarity about accountancy and cost accountancy so that it can be applied in practice for any job specialties and also for personal use. The subjects provides an overview about the application of accounting principles in corporate sectors as well as the concepts in management accounting which are necessary for corporate decision making. Advanced aspects of financial accounting and external reporting with particular reference to developments in accounting theory and professional standards are taught to students.
With increase in competition and consequent economic challenges, cost accountancy is interwoven into the main fabric of management. Collection, assimilation, collation and analysis of financial information from all areas of an organization are the domain of the subject. Therefore, the department offers this subject as specialization. The subject deals with managerial decision within the cost prescriptions. The syllabus of second year throws light on the concepts of cost accountancy and in the third year, students learn about methods and techniques of cost accountancy. This enables them to understand the use and importance of cost accountancy in corporate decision making. The department uses various methods of teaching and conducts activities like seminars, industrial visits, group discussions, counseling etc.
DEPARTMENTAL EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
- Dr.Y.M.Mithare and Dr.Mrs. A.S.Sathe are acting as ‘Research Guides for M.Phil and Ph.D. course affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Rigorous training is provided in the Tally course as well as for soft skill development. Guidance for various competitive examinations is also provided.
- Department also makes efforts for the placements of the students.
- Programmes are conducted in other colleges related to career guidance, guidance in Tally computing, etc. Also, NET/SET guidance is provided by organizing seminars.
- Dr. Y.M. Mithare is awarded as ‘Best Teacher’ for the academic year by Uttar
- Bhartiya Sangh and Dr.Mrs. Anita Sathe was awarded as best teacher by Poona Gujrati Kelvani Mandal during the year 2015-16.
- Dr.Mrs. A S Sathe acted as a Resource person for Delhi University for E-Learning Sessions.
- All the professors have presented papers at the National and International level.
- Department is equipped with 3 computers, also computer lab is made available for guiding the students in mechanized accounting.
- The department plans to enhance hard skills by organizing Tally course for F.Y.B.com Students
- The department plans to organize skill development programmes for the students.