INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
As a part of Post-NAAC quality sustenance efforts the Internal Quality Assurance Cell was established in college in 2004 for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation. The primary responsibility of IQAC is to ensure quality enhancement and sustenance. It ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of measures taken to evaluate each academic task. It’s all inclusive policies have helped the institute to flourish academically and be a better part of the community. IQAC has become a trendsetter in creating a responsible and work promoting healthy environment. It not only takes care of the academics but also an administrative body that assures a multilevel and multidimensional approach for overall development of the institution. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a core part of the institution's system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The Prime objective of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution in tune with dynamically changing scenarios.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Relevance and improvement in quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development of benchmarks and their application for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Effective organizational communication with respect to quality parameters and their implementation.
- Promotion of quality circles through seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Effective documentation for timely assessment.
- Preparation of AQAR and its submission to NAAC in a timely manner.
- Feedback mechanism and effectively implementing it.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric conducive environment.
- To adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of overall Quality Culture in the institution.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To ensure a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- To ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- To ensure enhancement and coordination among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
- To build an organized methodology of documentation.
OPERATIONAL FEATURES OF THE IQAC
The main objective of IQAC is to achieve the organizational objectives with conscious quality checks to give the beneficiary the best education. The process has to be simple, achievable and efficient. The IQAC should assure the consistent growth and quality of the institution. Growth in terms of infrastructure, facilities, qualitative and quantitative improvement in the workforce has to be assured. It should also increase the number of courses, number of beneficiaries and their improved thought process beneficial to the community and the individual at large. Similarly, in qualitative terms, it is essential to cater to the needs efficiently. Focus should be on end user benefits, infrastructure and its best utility. IQAC aims to work as a facilitator who willfully promotes learning and makes it easy for the beneficiary. IQAC does this by setting checks, procedures and instruments by collecting data on various aspects of institutional functioning.
- Timely submission of AQAR to NAAC.
- Continuous promotional and vigilant approach to assure quality education.
- Promoting teaching fraternity to learn constantly and to keep them updated in their subjects.
- Promoting quality through various academic and social activities.
- Interacting with other organizations and understanding their quality procedures to update quality initiatives.