DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS : Introduction
Economics is one of the core subjects for the B.Com degree course and also the M.Com course. The dept. of Business Economics plays a vital role in the faculty of Commerce since 1984.
This Department considers the contents of the syllabi as designed by Savitribai Phule University of Pune. It is a compulsory subject at all the three years of the under-graduate class of Savitribai Phule University of Pune has prescribed covering Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Global and Indian Economic Development. Class room teaching is interactive and the student can benefit by active participation in the debates, quizzes and Group discussions, Poster Presentation Competition, Industrial Visits, Role Play, and Many Other Activities and Students Actively participate in all the activities.
The department is very active in its effort to develop the knowledge and analytical skills of the student. It holds seminars and symposiums every year to widen the exposure given to the students and to organize events that encourage student participation. We hold an essay competition an a current topic relating to development economics and environmental economics in view of its importance an a developing world. Economics throws light on the theoretical and practical aspects of the subject.
Business Economics (Micro) deals with the micro aspects of the economy which is aptly designed for F.Y.B.Com students which encourages them to improve their decision making in cut-throat competition in business world. Macro Economics is a subject through which S.Y.B.Com students are taught about the larger aspects of an economy. The concepts of National Income, Trade Cycle, Inflation, Demand and Supply of Money, Banking structure, Output and Employment theories, Public Finance are very important through which students understand the working of whole economy. T.Y.B.Com students are taught about Indian Economy and its various aspects and its integration with global economy. Economics strengthens the base of the students who are marching towards CA/CS professional courses so that it can be applied in practice for any job specialties and also for personal use. The faculties counsel the students on career issues. The departmental profile is composed of visiting faculty as well as permanent teachers.
DEPARTMENTAL EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
- Teachers are always motivated & encourage the development of the students.
- Teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Resource Person at Karve Institute Pune On ‘Role of Population in Indian Economy’.
- Co-Ordinator, Social Awareness Programme- Stri-Brun Hatya & Andh-shrddha at Dhanu –Thane, Malavli Railway Station.
- Coordinator, Soft Skills Development Programme committee H.V. Desai College.
- Member, LMC Committee University of Pune.
- Member, Squad Committee University of Pune of Pune City.
- Member, EVS committee, University of Pune ‘Green College & Clean College’ Vasundhara Kirloskar Institute - Talegao, Pune.
- Environment Save Programme through ‘ Pathanatya’of H.V.Desai College.
- Member, Commerce Association H.V.Desai College.
- Member, Staff Academy H.V. Desai College.
- The Economics department plans to enhance by organizing Remedial lectures for students those especially weak in Economics of F.Y.B.com Students.
- Guidance For Various Competitive Examinations Such As CET-MBA, Nationized Banking Written Exams Preparation / Entrance Held By LIC agents & Share Market Brokers /Traders in Mutual-Funds & Share-Market like Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination.